Saturday, December 18, 2010

Most Memorable Lines of 2010

Before I get to the reviewer's customary songs of the year countdown (there will be 50) and albums of the year (there will be 10), these are a few of the most ear-pricking lyrics I heard in 2010.

"I Want to Be Well" by Sufjan Stevens

 "I'm not fucking around!"

Well, that got everybody's attention.


 
 "Ambling Alp" by Yeasayer

"Stick up for yourself son! Nevermind what anybody else done!"

Now that's a rallying cry. 




"Free Energy" by Free Energy

"We're gonna start a new life, see how it goes."

Being in my early 20s, this is 100% my life. And very likely yours as well.

"Pow Pow" by LCD Soundsystem

"On this occasion, there are a couple of things that we know that we learned from fact magazine. One, the king wears a king hat and lives in a king house. Two, your time will come, but tonight is our night, so you should give us all of your drugs. Three, we have a black president and you do not, so shut up, because you don't know shit about where I'm from that you didn't get from your TV."

James Murphy reps for us North American scum.
 "Pirate Jet" by Gorillaz

"It's all good news now, because we left the taps, runnin', for a hundred years."

Or: What we've done/are doing to this earth.









No comments:

Post a Comment